Monday, September 8, 2008

Campaign ads: what's old is new again


Yes Mable, attacks ads do work


I see the Tories have rolled out their first real set of attack ads for the 2008 campaign. Two quick things here: 1.) like their first blitz of successful attack ads in 2007, these ones, which are being dubbed the triple threat, again do a great job of emphasizing the gamble voters could be taking if they chose Dion and his carbon tax scheme, and 2.) the statements made by Dion in these ads remind voters of the uncertainty of his presence via his half sentences which confuse many, most importantly the undecideds.

If I were to grade these three ads, I would give them an A- as I'm sure there are better ones to come. Like Gerry Nicholls, this one is my favorite of the three (as I love how it puts a pounding on Dion's shaky tax plan, which btw, he still has yet to clearly define):

No comments: